San Francisco, CA 94101 US
Join a company that is the first-ever Web3 Startup Platform where developers and entrepreneurs can build, launch, and operate new blockchain-based products and services. As a primary builder of the NEAR Protocol, this company delivers capacity, velocity, simplicity, and affordability needed to power tomorrow's Web3 startups.
They are looking for an innovative, empathetic, and productive person who is excited about building the next generation of crypto startups, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The client is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and celebrate diversity of all kinds.
What You'll Get For Joining:
- Unlimited Annual Leave / PTO
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Yearly Company Retreats (2022 in Lisbon!)
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Summer Wellness Week: the first week of July
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by us
You will join a team shepherding a future where NEAR becomes the blockchain operating system. They believe that re-inventing how software is made and distributed is their greatest opportunity to open economic access to those who are not fully integrated into the global economy. Their products empower people to find opportunity, invent new experiences, and collaborate. Let's build an Open Web world. A world where people control their assets, data, and power of governance.
This growing security team is looking for a Security Engineer to partner with our Protocol, contract runtime team. This position will be primarily responsible for identifying, analyzing, solutioning, and accounting for security as it pertains to NEAR's contract runtime; embedded within protocol's contract runtime team and reporting to company's CISO.
As Security Engineer you will work closely with the contract runtime team to make sure that NEAR's WebAssembly runtime is secure, robust, and performant. You will work on the security of WebAssembly compilers and NEAR's smart contract execution environment.
Performance and safety optimizations of WebAssembly VMs/compilers are a primary focus of Pagoda's runtime team. This enhances not only the NEAR blockchain, but the entire WebAssembly ecosystem.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Supporting the Protocol team to solve cutting-edge compiler and VM problems related to safe, deterministic and high-performance compilation and execution
- Set up testing infrastructure to ensure the security of contract runtime
- Security audit of the contract runtime code
- Handle security vulnerability reports that are related to contract runtime
- Analyze risk and maintain a registry and remediation/improvement roadmap as it pertains to the contract runtime and WebAssembly.
- Development or software engineering experience and a deep passion for information security
- Strong security engineering background and programming experience
- Experience with a modern system programming language (eg C++, Rust)
- Demonstrated experience evaluating code for vulnerabilities and weaknesses
- Familiarity with low-level programming, operating systems, and virtual machines. Experience with WebAssembly is a plus
- Experience in securing large scale distributed systems
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with remote teams
- Results & goal orientated