Security Engineer Network and Cloud
Remote, ON US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
Job Title: ML Engineer/Data Scientist/Engineer
Company Category: AI, Machine Learning, High Performance Computing
Company Coding Stack: C++, Python, Rus, Linux, Docker/Kubernetes
Company Location: Toronto Canada (Remote )
Work Location: Remote Global
About the role:
We are recruiting a Security Engineer, focused on Networking and Google Cloud, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining security controls that protect the organization's networks and cloud infrastructure. You will work closely with other security team members to ensure that security is integrated into all aspects of the organization's infrastructure.
This position will work across all areas of security, but will be primarily responsible for architecture and leadership of network and cloud security improvements and processes.
Successful candidates work across team boundaries building infrastructure, driving cultural adoption, and reducing friction through automation.
What you will do:
- Work effectively with other security team members to implement and maintain Groq’s security program.
- Design, implement, and maintain security controls to protect the organization's networks and cloud infrastructure.
- Ensure security is integrated into all aspects of Groq’s network engineering and cloud infrastructure.
- Conduct periodic security assessments and penetration testing to identify vulnerabilities and recommend solutions to mitigate security risks.
- Implement and manage network security devices such as firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Analyze network traffic and logs to detect and respond to security incidents.
- Identify areas of friction that are suitable for automation and develop and deploy automation to reduce grind.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest security threats, vulnerabilities, and industry best practices.
- Drive a culture of security through security training and awareness efforts.
- Participate in incident response and recovery efforts as needed.
- Create and maintain effective and useful documentation.
Apply if you have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols and technologies, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, and routing protocols.
- Experience with cloud security technologies and services, such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP) security tools and services, IAM, and VPC.
- Experience with security tools such as vulnerability scanners, IDS/IPS, and SIEM.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to automate routine tasks, and reduce general friction in operations processes.
- Experience architecting and developing distributed systems design.
Extra credit is always better:
- Relevant certifications, such as CISSP, CCNP Security, or Google Cloud Security Engineer are helpful, but knowledge & experience are essential.
- Experience with administration and security of self-hosted Gitlab Enterprise Edition a plus.
- Configuration management tooling such as Ansible, Salt, Chef, and Puppet.
A bit on the company we are recruiting for:
If hired you will join a company radically simplifying computation to accelerate workloads in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and high-performance computing. The company is has two headquarters in one in Toronto Canada, and Mountain View California.
Qualities embedded in their culture
- Competitive salary
- Humility - Egos are checked at the door
- Collaborative and Team Savvy - We make up the smartest person in the room together
- Growth and Giver Mindset - Learn it all versus know it all, we share knowledge generously
- Curious and Innovative - Take a creative approach to projects, problems, and design
- Passion, grit, and boldness - no limit thinking; fueling informed risk taking
About this recruiting firm:
Dapp360 Workforce is a US based firm recruiting tech talents for the decentralized ecosystem. We partner with companies using blockchain technologies to aid them in hiring the right candidates who can contribute in a meaningful way to enrich their growth.
We are an Equal opportunities employer and encourage people of diverse backgrounds from around the Globe to apply.