Security Engineering Manager
New York, NY 10010 US
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you’ve…
- Developed a Product Security program that collaborated with partners, has clearly scoped projects, made data driven decisions, and emulate a positive security culture
- Completed a vulnerability management program with a defined methodology and low friction implementation
- Enhanced security architecture review process through the technical expertise and threat modeling to provide practical guidance
- Conducted regular penetration tests, application and cloud security assessments to identify configuration drift, misconfigurations, multi-step chained vulnerabilities
- Collected and prepared metrics to identify trends, opportunities of improvement, and executive summaries
- Liaised and partnered with leadership and engineers to increase the adoption of security throughout and earlier in the software development lifecycle
- Lead, support and grow a product security team through coaching, mentorship, cross-collaborating training
A background like this helps:
- Strong fundamental knowledge and experience in assessing, building, auditing, and securing solutions for a wide range of technologies.
- Experience scoping, delegating, and completing large cross-functional projects
- Proven success in building strategic partnerships across multiple teams within an organization
- Confident in navigating ambiguity and evolving, innovative technologies including Web3
- Experience building out Product Security programs in fast moving environments
- Collaborating with cross-functional partners to build comprehensive solutions
- Background securing cloud-native environments and SaaS technologies
- Demonstrated domain expertise across multiple disciplines (Development, On-Prem & Cloud Solutions, CI/CD pipelines, Application Security, Vulnerability Management)
- Mentor and team leader with the ability to explain the “why” behind decisions and technical concepts
The base salary range for this role is $157,800 to $197,200 on a national basis and may be higher or lower depending on the location of the role. Base salary is just one part of our total rewards package which additionally includes equity, performance bonus or commissions for eligible roles, and competitive benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, relevant work experience, skillset, internal equity, and other factors, consistent with applicable law.
The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies, but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. Like the brakes on a car, the Security team’s mission is to enable acceleration with confidence. The vision is to build an environment where Information Security risks are identified, understood, and led to an acceptable level since the tools, resources, and expertise to make optimal decisions for business success is at hand.