Senior Engineer, Backend
New York, NY 10010 US
About our engineering groups…
- Compliance - this group is focused on growing the crypto ecosystem by simplifying the work needed for compliance and risk management at a massive scale. The goal is to ensure developers can send data for any crypto asset and network, scale our systems to ensure we can handle the increasing volumes of data, and provide meaningful insights to our customers.
- Core Services - the group aims to create unique customer value through experiences that differentiate the company and make it greater than the sum of its parts. We make it easier and faster for teams to build great products, with highly leveraged building blocks that can be used everywhere.
- Data Intelligence - this group builds and scales the data platform for Product, Research, and other teams focused on blockchain protocols, analytics, and data enrichment to provide real-world and on-chain context for company products and customers.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You have built a high-availability, scalable API leveraging the most relevant services from AWS
- You’ve added features to our product suite that detect activities for market manipulation, fraud, behavioral patterning, and more.
- You have built cloud-native data ingestion and aggregation processes that intake gigabytes of data per day.
- You have helped modernize our stack to a streaming architecture.
- Your team’s services are easy to set up locally and their health in production is simple to understand.
- Engineers on your team and throughout the company seek your guidance on API design, performance improvements, data model design, and other architectural decisions.
- You have debugged production issues and participated in a blameless post-mortem process to make our systems stronger.
A background like this helps:
- Experience designing and implementing microservices-based systems in a major cloud provider like AWS or GCP
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages. We mostly use Java but appreciate a variety of languages!
- A bias to ship and iterate alongside product management and design partners
- You have mentored and/or led other engineers and love to teach and learn from others
- Exposure to or interest in the cryptocurrency technology ecosystem
- Strong technical background with 5+ years of experience working directly on backend systems/ projects
- Experience with Terraform and Kubernetes is a plus!
The base salary range for this role is $133,700 to $167,100 on a national basis and may be higher or lower depending on the location of the role. Base salary is just one part of the total rewards package which additionally includes equity, performance bonus or commissions for eligible roles, and competitive benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, relevant work experience, skillset, internal equity, and other factors, consistent with applicable law.
The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. The company’s goal of building out a blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.