Senior Engineer, DevOps
New York, NY 10010 US
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You have reduced the friction in an engineer’s day-to-day workflow by improving existing CI processes, implementing continuous delivery, and building easy to deploy infrastructure as code modules.
- You’ve improved the monitoring and observability of our infrastructure, services, and applications.
- You’ve configured and deployed highly available and secure infrastructure with tools like Ansible and Terraform.
- 90% of the day-to-day tasks from your first few months have been fully automated.
- You have worked closely with security engineers to introduce security guardrails and evangelize common-sense, strategic secure development best practices.
- You have debugged production issues and participated in a blameless post-mortem process to make our systems stronger.
- You have participated in a cross-functional project where your influence and contribution accelerated engineering velocity.
- Other engineers up and down the stack see you as a key advisor when they are considering new architectures and opportunities to leverage cloud technologies.
A background like this helps:
- Progressive and extensive experience in a development operations role or similar function, with a track record of building, maintaining, and launching new offerings in cloud providers like AWS and GCP
- Experience running Java in a production environment
- Hands-on experience with core AWS offerings
- Prior success implementing and scaling infrastructure as code using Terraform (or another tool) or migrating existing infrastructure processes to that model
- Experience constructing and maintaining GitOps deployment pipelines
- Experience operating cloud-native software with Kubernetes and working collaboratively with developers to promote uptime and ambitious SLA’s
The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. The company’s goal of building out a blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.