Senior Software Engineer (Remote, U.S. or Boston, Mass.)
boston, MA 02199 US
Our open-source software spans a number of languages, with the core protocol being written in Golang (https://golang.org/).
This Job is For You if You’re:
- Hoping to work remotely (anywhere in the U.S.), or relocate and work at our state-of-the-art headquarters in Boston, Mass.
- Motivated to solve big, complex problems
- Excited by new technologies and has a passion for building products that will serve millions of users
- Passionate for fast-paced, rapidly growing, high-profile projects that have significant industry-level impact on emerging blockchain and cryptocurrency technologies
- Interested in contributing to the open source community
- Are hands-on developers, applying the best industry standards for code health, security, scalability, and robustness.
- Devise innovative ideas for solving hard technical problems involving distributed systems, scale, and security; translate these ideas into technical designs and implementation
- Are a key part of an inclusive environment that fosters collaboration and creativity both internally and externally
- 5+ years of experience working on and shipping complex applications as part of a team
- Extensive experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Go, Java, C++, C#, and Rust
- Experience in any of the following: distributed systems, secure coding, network coding, performance optimizations
- Excellent written communication skills, particularly focused on technical design, strategy, and project planning
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Demonstrable experience contributing to the design, implementation, and maintenance of a significant technical platform
- Experience contributing to major open-source software projects will be considered favorably
Pay Range: $160,000 - $200,000 per year