Site Reliability Engineer-Remote
New York, NY 11375 US
- Design and implement a wide variety of systems that support the codebase. Primary focus being cloud-native, and Kubernetes systems.
- Recommend and execute platform transformations to improve service-levels
- Manage existing and build new continuous integration pipelines
- Define “rules of the road” for DevOps engineers to follow
- Build infrastructure as code templates that allows development to deploy safely and securely
- Maintenance of all environments via automated patching systems
- Automate platform/system recovery and disaster recovery
- Participates in releases and rotating on-call schedules
- Owns production incident response
- Define and manage meaningful and actionable SLI/SLO metrics
- Design and manage alerting to react to breaches of SLOs
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- 3+ years of experience in SRE, DevOps, SWE or cloud architecture roles.
- Expert in Kubernetes and Docker
- Expert in debugging and diagnosing issues in containerized/virtualized systems
- Expert in infrastructure as code tools, Terraform preferred
- Expert in CI/CD solutions, package management and database versioning tools. Artifactory and Liquibase preferred.
- Expert in Source Code Management tools (Git, Gitlab) and an understanding of branching and integration processes.
- Expertise in relational database concepts. Postgres preferred
- Expertise with orchestration and configuration management tools, Ansible preferred
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools. Selenium preferred.
- Experience with Atlassian products; Jira, Confluence, OpsGenie
- Experience with Datadog, EFK and cloud native logging.
- Excellent communicator
- Excellent presentation skills and strong negotiation skills
- Superior time management skills
- Proven track record of strong scope and change control
- 100% Premium Coverage for Medical, Dental, & Vision for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Tax-Free Transit benefits, & other supplemental benefits available
- Flexible time off
- Generous Parental Leave
You will join the SRE team who work closely with software development and engineering teams—positioned as the stewards of the production systems. You define the standards and tooling that are used across the tech organization.