ZK Research Engineer (Ethereum DApps )
Miami, FL US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
We're looking for a Research Engineer to drive the development of RLN (Rate Limiting Nullifiers) in a peer-to-peer context, such as Waku. You'll be an integral part of the Vac RLNP2P team and collaborate closely with the research divisions.
- Adapt Zero-Knowledge proof systems to RLNP2P applications
- Evaluate and optimize existing proof systems to improve RLN's efficiency
- Document specifications and disseminate research insights
- Analyze intricate issues and prioritize solutions
- Conduct security assessments and debug performance issues in circuits
- PhD-level academic background or equivalent industry experience; prior relevant research is a plus.
- Proficiency in low-level/strongly typed languages such as C/C++/Go/Rust or Java/C#.
- Strong track record in open-source software development.
- Deep expertise in Zero-Knowledge proof systems (e.g., zk-SNARK, Circom, Plonk/Halo2, zk-STARK) and elliptic curve cryptography.
- Solid experience in distributed or network software systems.
- Excellent communication skills, with a willingness to share findings through various channels including presentations, blogs, and academic papers.
- Genuine enthusiasm for blockchain technology.
- Alignment with our core principles, detailed [here](https://status.im/about/#our-principles).
- Familiarity with libp2p or devp2p.
- Experience with Nim programming language.
- Knowledge of popular zk-based identity solutions like Semaphore/Unirep/iden3.
Even if you don't tick every box, we'd love to hear from you. Simply include a cover letter explaining why you're the ideal candidate for this role.
We look forward to meeting you!
About our client
Our client is at the forefront of creating a more secure, private, and open web3. They are on the mission to safeguard privacy, minimize censorship, and foster economic freedom in an open and transparent manner.
They invite community members from all walks of life to join them in advancing the web3 ecosystem through extensive research, development of innovative tools, and support for the open-source community. Their decentralized team is 150+ core contributors strong, and they prioritize a culture of autonomy and minimal hierarchy.
Their Product Portfolio
Ethereum-based app enabling chat, transactions, and access to groundbreaking decentralized applications (DApps). They are also shaping the infrastructure of the Ethereum ecosystem with products like Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, Keycard hardware wallet, and messaging protocol.
About Dapp360 Workforce:
A premier US-based talent acquisition firm, Dapp360 Workforce is dedicated to sourcing talent for the decentralized realm. We bridge companies immersed in blockchain technologies and building decentralized applications (dAapps) with stellar candidates to drive mutual growth.
We embrace diversity! Dapp360 Workforce is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage global applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
We look forward to meeting you.